I am one of those people who has more than one passion in this world, and by that, I mean I have a lot of them. I just like to learn as much about everything as I possibly can. That being said, it’s really hard for me to explain to the full extent of what I can or can’t do unless you kind of know my story.
I got my first computer in 1997, when I was in 7th grade, and immediately I was hooked. I decided to teach myself how to make my own fan page for my then-favorite band, thus beginning my love affair with web design. I self-taught as much as I could about web design for the next 6 or so years, maintaining my own website the whole time. After taking some time away to pursue other passions (see photography below) I did eventually find my way back to it. I began using self hosted wordpress in 2008 and have been using it since.
In 2003 I enrolled in photo I at my local community college, and never looked back. It immediately became my passion and it was all I could think about. From 2003 until 2011. So far I have taken the following classes:
- Photo I
- Photo II
- Color Photography
- Digital Photography
- History of Photography
- Artificial Light Photography
- Portrait Photography
I ran my own photography business working as a freelance photographer from 2008-2013, only stopping because I grew tired of doing portrait photography, and because being a homeschooling mom to three young girls was too time consuming. I also have worked for two separate well known portrait studios during that time, but quit because I prefer to be my own boss, and I don’t like when others try to limit my creativity.
I worked for my college’s newspaper from 2009-2010 playing the role of both online editor and photography editor at the same time. I also did some freelance photography work for a couple other small St. Louis based periodicals during this time as well.
From 2005-2006 I took online classes at the Art Institute Online where I studied the Adobe software, typography, marker rendering, figure drawing, and more. I have used this knowledge plus self-taught knowledge of these programs since then, and still use some of them daily.
- Because of my love of all things technology, I’m fairly familiar with all social media platforms and how they operate (with the exception of google plus, which is something I plan to conquer in the future).
- I can type very fast (88wpm +).
- I have worked in many different administrative assistant positions ranging from call centers to doctor’s offices.
- I’m familiar with office type computer programs (such as word and excel) and can navigate them fairly easily.
- If there is something I do not know, I can learn it.